Heard about the yoghurt + flour pizza dough recipe? Tried it? No? DO IT!
No yeast, no leaving the dough to rise – just a bit of kneading.
I’ve made these pizzas a few times now and they are fantastic every. single. time. Couple of days ago my 4yo did it (with a little help) and they were still fantastic.
You need (for two small/medium pizzas):
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 cup self raising flour
Extra SR flour for dusting/rolling/eliminating stickiness
Passata, oregano, olive oil + cheese + toppings
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Take a bowl and mix the equal amounts of flour and yoghurt. It’ll form a sticky lump.
- Place on a floured surface and start kneading it, adding a dusting of flour if it ever feels sticky. I found I added a fair bit.
- Knead for about ten minutes.
- Divide into two smaller lumps. Take one and start flattening it out with your hands, then use a rolling pin. You want it thin but not to the point of tearing. Doesn’t need to be a perfect circle – I prefer a rustic misshapen look!
- Take a fork and lightly prick all over (don’t make holes).
- Lift carefully to a non stick tray or pizza stone and bake just the base for 5 minutes.
- Remove, then add your toppings! I smear the passata all over, sprinkle oregano, then cover with cheese, toppings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy. Perfecto!
P.S. I hate yoghurt – really can’t stand the stuff. This pizza base does NOT taste of yoghurt! 😄